“Banka Kombetare Tregtare” is licensed by the Financial Supervisory Authority on 27.12.2016 to conduct insurance brokering activity. BKT as an insurance broker negotiates with the insurance companies, on behalf of the Client, to enable it to sign an insurance contract, as per its requirements and needs, for specified risks. BKT continues to be focused on Life insurance intermediary and from September 2020 on non-life (property) insurance intermediary as well for its clients.
The broker performs the following services:
- Presents to the Client its recommendations and proposals based on the performance of insurance companies operating in the Albanian market.
- Informs the Insurance Company that a customer is looking an insurance quote in order to sign an insurance contract.
- Informs the client about the type of insurance product, insurance terms and conditions, limitations, exclusions and costs (insurance premiums) set out in that contract.
- Presents to the client the opinion on possible risks from specific elements of the contract.
- Checks the insurance policy.
- Provides to the client the insurance contract, as well as other documents issued by the insurance company in connection with this contract;
- Assists the client with consulting for rights deriving from the insurance contract.
- Reviews insurance contracts signed by the Client and may propose amendments to these contracts in order to better protect the Client.
- Provides consultancy in the process of claims covered by the insurance contracts during an insurance event.