How do I open a current account?
Please visit one of our BKT branches with an ID card to apply for a current account. Moreover, if you are already a customer of BKT you can open your accounts yourself, by using “Internet” Branch or BKT Smart application.
Which type of current accounts are available in BKT?
You may apply for a current account that better fits your needs. You should complete some conditions to be a:
- Standard customer
- Loan Customer
- Classic Salary
- Super Salary
Take a look at our Terms & Conditions to see which one suit you best and check the respective fees.
Which currency can I open a current account?
Current accounts are available in Albanian lekë, Euro, US Dollar, GB Pound, Canadian Dollar, Swiss Franc or Australian Dollar currencies. For more please check our Terms & Conditions.
How old do you have to be to get a current account?
You need to be 18 years old with an Identify Card to open a current account.
*For Albanian citizens 16 - 18 years old – Identity Card (ID), under 16 years old - Birth Certificate and for foreign citizens – Passport. Under 18 years old, you should be present with a Legal Guardian.
What is the usage of a current account?
You can use the current account for various banking operations:
- Deposits and withdrawals
- Transfers within and outside the country
- Payments to third parties
- Bill payments
- Direct Debit (automatic bill payments)
- Standing Instruction (in fix amounts, within BKT)
- Loan Payment
- Credit Card payment
What are the benefits of a current account?
- Free Debit Card - Master or Visa Electron. You can withdraw money 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and can pay wherever you see the logo of Master Card/Visa.
- "Internet" Branch or BKT Smart – The Bank in your computer or in your smart phone!
- BKT Smart – The Bank in your smart phone!
- Free Direct Debit – automatic bill payments. You do not have to stress from month to month because the Bank will pay the bills for you.
- Standing Instruction in fix amounts for paying rent, school fee, membership fee, loan payment, savings, etc., directly from current accounts.
- Outgoing and incoming transfers, inside and abroad the country with competitive commissions.
How do I close my BKT account?
The current accounts can only be closed in branch. However, some products are subject to closure charges. See your account conditions to find out more at our Terms & Conditions.
Can I open a joint bank account?
You may apply for a Joint account only by visiting one of our BKT branches. Joint account should only be with two account holders and both owners should be present and sign for the Joint account request.
What is an inactive account?
If in an account with a credit or debit balance, there is no activity (debit or credit actions) by customer or third parties for a period of 2 (two) years, the account will be inactive and this account may be reactivated if the customer or third parties perform a financial transaction.